Top 15 Best CMS for eCommerce Websites

It`s been 1 year, that I have been working on eCommerce sites. And I see new site every day (at-least every week).

Seems like everyone wants to try eCommerce business to make money. If you know about drop shippers then you see lots of new sites everyday coming with this type of business. It`s pure business. Now, am slowly getting fascinated by this, maybe I will too! Can`t say anything now.

Related: 5 Proven Tips to Optimize E-Commerce Site

This is the main reason why am writing this post. When everyone is interested in eCommerce I thought why shouldn`t I write a post giving the list of CMS for eCommerce sites?

So here`s the post for those you`re looking for such post. :)

15 Best CMS that You Can Try for eCommerce Site

#1 Open Cart

Open cart

Open cart is one of my favorite eCommerce CMS, as it`s free and has all those advance features needed for an eCommerce site. You can download it from here.

#2 osCommerce

#10 Digistore

digistore eCommerce CMS

#11 Brandlive commerce

#12 Cmsmade simple

#13 osCSS

#14 FatFreeCart

Which CMS eCommerce you`re using? Or which one you like?

Reply in comments to make this list complete.

+Khajamoin is founder of Captured Blogging Tips. You can contact him on FB or twitter. Feel free try below links.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Author:

Related Posts

16 Responses

1. ShahDecember 13, 2012 at 6:29 amReply

Magento anyday :)
    Shah recently posted..Pollution Control Committee recruitment for Group “A” Category 2012.My Profile

2. Fiza MalikDecember 13, 2012 at 9:20 amReply

It seems good and selective list, I was not aware of these CMS but lot of good reviews heard Magento. Thanks for the sahre
    Fiza Malik recently posted..Top 5 Free Social Monitoring ToolsMy Profile

3. SapnaDecember 13, 2012 at 2:41 pmReply

Hi Khaja

I think Magento for me as well. But Prestashop and ZenCart is also very nice. Thanks for sharing this.

Sapna
    Sapna recently posted..6 New Year Resolutions Which You cannot MissMy Profile

• Khaja moinDecember 13, 2012 at 4:36 pmReply

@Shah @Sapna @Fiza Malik even I like Magento, it`s very good for an eCommerce site.

But when you`re asked to program on it I`m sure you would like to go for something easier CMS.

Anyway it`s good when comes to security.
      Khaja moin recently posted..How Pinterest Makes Money?My Profile

4. AndrewDecember 13, 2012 at 3:12 pmReply

Great review, Khaja!

OpenCart definitely looks the best! If I’m ever going to think about opening this kind of site, it’s the product I’d definitely give a try to!

When and if you start making profit, however, I believe it would be the smartest choice to invest in an unique design that will set you apart from the rest.
    Andrew recently posted..14 Reasons You Always Give Up New Year ResolutionsMy Profile

• Khaja moinDecember 13, 2012 at 4:38 pmReply

I agree Opencart is the best to start new business. And having customized design is very important, as it adds more liveliness to site.

~@Khajamoin1
      Khaja moin recently posted..How to Install WordPress on XamppMy Profile

5. Sadhil KumarDecember 13, 2012 at 7:13 pmReply

Magento is a more powerful and the best eCommerce open source CMS, but i love Virtemart because of its integration with Joomla.
    Nice list btw.
    Sadhil Kumar recently posted..Reduce Websites Bounce Rate – 6 Fail Proof Tips for Best ResultsMy Profile

6. BrianJanuary 4, 2013 at 5:28 amReply

Hi Khaja,

That was a wonderful collection. I am the beginner of learning Magento, Can you please help me to know how the magento platform is more secure for Ecommerce site?? It would be very help if you answer it for me :-)

• amLIgoJanuary 11, 2013 at 10:03 amReply

As a best practice, it is always recommend to upgrade Magento to the latest release (v1.7.0.2). Depending on your platform version, you can find the appropriate solution. In the lack of time use Cart2Cart tool to transfer data automatically to the new installation. First -install, then- upload data.
      However, I would say, Magento is likely more secure than many other open source carts, due to the software being open source, any potential threat will likely be discovered and fixed faster.

7. MontyMarch 19, 2013 at 8:42 amReply

Magento ecommerce solution has become the most demanding open source platform of today’s online retail store businesses since it provides a tremendous advantage. With Magento Ecommerce Platform, online store owners are being given the capability of handling multiple stores and facilitate a more systematized browsing of items for sale. Improved management of customer’s orders and having more developed promotional or advertising tools also comes possible with Magento Ecommerce.

Thanks

Monty
    iLoveMage

8. AKM BorhaniceMarch 30, 2013 at 12:58 pmReply

Magento is an open source eCommerce solution and It is one of the best and secure online Ecommerce CMS. but i love Open Cart :)
    AKM Borhanice recently posted..Magento Products And How Its WorksMy Profile

• Khaja moinApril 1, 2013 at 4:19 amReply

Open cart is also a best option, anyway if you`re planning for a big project then Magento will be more secure than open cart.

~@Khajamoin1
      Khaja moin recently posted..20+ Ways to Make Money BloggingMy Profile

9. LokeshMay 10, 2013 at 6:35 amReply

My first choice is open cart as it is very straight forward and easy to learn , easy to integrate theme etc and the second choice is of course magento.I have done many Projects in magento.

10. Melvin RajivJune 19, 2013 at 7:30 amReply

Nowadays, people prefer to design their website in magento platform since it is one of the open source platform which is popular among the people. It also included free in all of our web hosing plans!

11. NareshJune 19, 2013 at 11:58 amReply

I Love Magento based online web shops, its easy and fast to load. Magento is the 3rd largest open source tool to used to built eCommerce website. You can also consider Responsive design to improve user experience.
    Naresh recently posted..How to Develop a Magento Store?My Profile

12. BeyowiJuly 3, 2013 at 5:45 pmReply

I’m working on Spree Commerce. Spree is an awesome 100% open source e-commerce platform powered by Ruby on Rails that provides a lot of features out of the box: Product management, order management, shipping and gateway configuration. Like RefineryCMS, it is a flexible and highly customizable platform