6 Ways to Find Long Tail Keywords

Uncategorized

find long tail keywordsWe all are taught to initially concentrate on long tail keywords to get traffic of course targeted traffic. As ranking for competitive keywords is incredibly tough for sites which are just starting. That`s why they concentrate on long tail keywords which have good amount of search volume but less competition.

Long tail keywords are more specific and these keyword too can convert if you`ve very impressive blog. Ranking on page 1 can`t guarantee conversion unless user gain trust on your blog. Well, this not the right place to discuss, may be in next post.

Relying only on one keyword research tool is not enough to get all possible long tail keywords. There are many ways, am discussing 6 ways which I use and few of them I gathered over web.

6 Ways I Recommend for Long Tail Keyword Research

#1 Google Suggest

google suggest

Google saves all the search terms that users search, then suggest most searched queries. Google suggest is great way to get lots of long tail keywords. As many of us use Google to search so I`d say Google suggest is the best and first option to find long tail keywords.

Well here don`t copy them directly, collect all of them and then use keywords which can convert and has good search volume.

#2 Steal from Competitors

Though it`s not recommend to steal or copy their content you can steal there keywords, and there is no sin in it. Collect all the top blogs in your niche, using tools like SEMrush.com or Opensiteexplorer you can get keywords for which they`re ranking.

Gather them all and change accordingly to your blog. Don`t forget to have catchy titles.

#3 Get From Your Analytics

This can help you increase traffic double what you`re getting. All you need to do is just log into your analytics account and see for which keywords or for which topic users are engaging.

If you don`t have analytics try these.

#4 Get Real Time Queries

Twitter search

Social media is the great place to spend, as users interact with business directly. Try Twitter search trending topics, Google trends and Google+ trends. I know it`s too early to consider G+ but you never know how it changes.

#5 Question and Answers

Sites like Quora, Answers.com and Yahoo Answers can help you in collecting long tail keywords which are not concentrated by many businesses.

#6 Finally Keep all of them in Keywords Research Tool

It`s important to check the keyword`s searches and competition before going with it. And best way to know is to put all of them to keyword research tool.

We`ve lots of tools but I personally recommend Google Adwords keyword tool, because 1) it`s free 2) It`s from Google (Google knew everything because it crawls all over the web).

Related post – Protect Your Online Privacy

Image Source: Flickr.com

Don`t forget to share your ways of finding long tail keywords.

+Khajamoin is founder of Captured Blogging Tips. You can contact him on FB or twitter. Feel free try below links.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Author:

10 Responses

1. Sergio FelixMarch 19, 2013 at 5:54 pmReply

Hey Khaja, great advice on SEO and long tail keywords man.

Whenever I want to do some quick research I go straight to the Google Keyword Tool, if I want to do some more serious or in-depth research, then I use either Market Samurai or Long Tail Pro (both paid tools).

Many people complained that these tools were not as fast as the Google Keyword Tool itself but the fact that you can use lots of filters in your results and seed words to them, does give you an unfair advantage over the free tools, at least in my perspective.

Sergio

• khaja moinMarch 20, 2013 at 5:07 amReply

Hey Sergio,
      Thanks for comment man.

I agree that Market Samurai is good I use it. I used long tail pro trail version when it released, as I had MS I didn`t thought of getting long tail pro.

These are very helpful for those who`re not good at keyword research or for those who`re busy.

Thanks for commenting mate!
      ~@Khajamoin1
      khaja moin recently posted..How to Increase Your Blog ReadershipMy Profile

2. Tim BonnerMarch 19, 2013 at 10:19 pmReply

Hi Khaja

I have to admit, I completely avoid keyword research and just write how I want to write.

I find that if I rely on keywords that things start to become repetitive and the words don’t flow.

I’m probably missing out on some traffic but I feel more comfortable writing without trying to slot in particular keywords.
    Tim Bonner recently posted..DoFollow Or NoFollow? That Is The QuestionMy Profile

• khaja moinMarch 20, 2013 at 5:10 amReply

Hi Tim,
      I knew that you`re more concentrating on content than SEO, and I like that.

I can`t do that because am not always available to interact with bloggers and get traffic, so search engine traffic will be help for me.
      Anyway I do both.
      For affiliate marketing blog you need more social media and interaction than SEO,

~@Khajamoin1
      khaja moin recently posted..5 Useful Twitter Stats and Analytics Tools to Improve Your MarketingMy Profile

3. Theodore NwangeneMarch 20, 2013 at 8:51 amReply

Great advice Khaja,
    Long tail keyword is really the way to go. I recently heard of Opensiteexplorer from Spencer Haws and since then, I’ve been making use of it and really like it.

The other tools you mentioned is also very great.

Thanks for sharing.
    Theodore Nwangene recently posted..Danger! Your Backup Folder Might Be Visible To The PublicMy Profile

• Khaja MoinMarch 22, 2013 at 4:56 amReply

Hi Theodore,
      I`m glad you liked it.
      Are you using there paid version?
      If it`s about getting links from competitors I highly recommend SEMrush.com

Thanks for commenting.
      ~@Khajamoin1
      Khaja Moin recently posted..7 Duplicate Content Checker Tools OnlineMy Profile

4. Akos FintorMarch 31, 2013 at 7:26 pmReply

Hey Khaja,

Before I dove into SEO, I was just shooting from the hip when it came to keyword research. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing obviously.
    Then I started to drill down and went for ONLY long tails.
    Right now I only target words that has less then 500 a month global searches, because that is something I have a shot at for sure.
    Great tips as always, my man!@
    Keep ‘em coming!
    Akos

• Khaja moinApril 1, 2013 at 4:22 amReply

Hey Akos,
      Thanks for commenting mate.
      That`s excellent!
      Long tail keywords is easiest way to start getting traffic.

~@Khajamoin1
      Khaja moin recently posted..20+ Ways to Make Money BloggingMy Profile

5. Sandy HallidayApril 3, 2013 at 5:55 amReply

Great tips Khaja, I recenlty read that Google Keyword Tool is not accurate. I don’t know how true this is. Another good keyword tool that is regularly updated is Traffic Travis.

CNet, one of the web’s leading technology software review sites gave Traffic Travisa glowing review and a high 4.5/5 stars. It going for a song on a WSO recently too.

Sandy .
    Sandy Halliday recently posted..How To Make Money By SharingMy Profile

• Khaja MoinApril 4, 2013 at 4:38 amReply

Hi Sandy,
      May be those rumors are true, though it`s very near to accurate.
      I never tried Traffic travis. Seems I missed it.
      Thanks for sharing your views.
      ~@Khajamoin1